Saturday, November 14, 2009

10 Years Today

10 years ago today Jordan and I officially became a couple. We had been long distance friends for about 2 years by then, and after spending some time together Jordan asked me to be his girlfriend. We dated long distance for 3 years, he was in Louisiana and I was here in Florida. After he graduated high school and had a single semester at LSU he found the school he wanted to go to here in Florida. After three years of big phone bills and late night conversations we finally got to be a normal dating couple!

Pretty early on I knew I would marry Jordan. There was something about him that I just knew he was the one for me. We had to over come a lot of opposition. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. We had met online, and this was long before eHarmony and Match were popular. Online/long distance relationships were not considered serious relationships back then. Besides a few friends and my parents I don't think anyone had our backs. This was around the same time that the book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" came out and my church decided kissing before marriage was a sin. Even my assistant principal had something to saying about us dating long distance ("Does he have a girlfriend in Baton Rouge too?"). People just don't realize how bad their words can hurt, or how much their opinion doesn't count, but we pulled through it all and we didn't let it get us down.

After dating almost 6 years, we got married. I have to say we are just about the most blessed couple on this earth. We've accomplished a lot, from our great jobs, owning 2 houses, and being able to take some amazing vacations. I don't think I could have asked for anything more ideal. I can't wait to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary (in March), and then our 10... then 20... I wonder what the future holds for us, but no matter what, as long as I'm with him, I'll be happy.

These are some pictures from the very early years.

This is the first time Jordan and I met each other in person.



Our first real date, Pointe Orlando 04-15-00.



The first time I went to Louisiana to visit Jordan.





One of the many times I went to Baton Rouge. This was New Years Eve.



Another trip to Baton Rouge. Our friend Jackie took this picture. She was later in our wedding.



Jordan flew down to Orlando for my "prom". Two weeks later he flew down for my graduation.



One of our engagement photos.

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, 10 years! That's crazy! And to think, Adam never even told us he had a brother :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...