Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pink and Green

On Memorial Day Jordan and I made our final selections on the flooring. We put down our deposit and the major undertaking of being rid of all this pink and green tile will begin June 29th. We decided on a dark, hand scrapped look for the laminate, which I'm really excited about. The tile for the kitchen will go on the diagonal. And the fireplace has some accent tile that I hope turns out well. All of it makes me a little nervous since it will change the look of our house so much, but we won't really know what it looks like until it's all installed.

We ended up spending less than we budgeted for so now I'm considering replacing our cheap crap white laminate counter tops with granite ones. If you've never dealt with white counter tops you wouldn't know how disgusting they really are. And I don't know if this is true for all laminate, but ours are porous so they absorb whatever color has been spilled on them. If we are actually able to pull off these two projects, our house would be "done" in my book. But we won't make any final decisions on the counters until the floors are complete and we can see what kind of money is left over.

This is a picture of our house the day we signed the papers. Sometimes when people hear we are getting rid of our tile they ask why. If this picture doesn't give you some sort of indication, well... hire a decorator for your own house please.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...